September 15th, 2010 6:23PM
I wrote about celeb chef Paul Merrett last week, but I don’t think I mentioned his cookery books. The latest – Economy Gastronomy: Eat Better and Spend Less is all about how to cut food bills without compromising on quality.
In a competition to celebrate British Egg Week 2010, you now have the chance to win your signed copy. You just have to do a little bit of maths to get there… Visit www.timeforeggs.com to find out more and enter.
PS: The Time for Eggs site features Paul Merrett’s recipes as well as the latest information on nutrition and tips about cooking and handling eggs. And you may be interested to find out how many people find boiling an egg difficult…
April 27th, 2010 4:56PM
Sue Warner from Guildford won the Slimming World recipe competition! Her brilliant dish is pictured above – check out the full recipe here.
April 6th, 2010 4:41PM
Remember the Slimming World recipe competition? Well, the judges have made their choices from a pool of nearly 700 entries and the finalists have been announced. Those in with a chance to win shopping vouchers worth £500 are:
• Lynne Marie Palin from Wallasey with ‘Luxury hot smoked salmon kedgeree recipe’
• Johanna Webb from Exmoor with ‘Blue cheese mushroom soufflé recipe’
• Anne Boldry from Tiverton with ‘Egg and lentil curry recipe’
• Sherry Nelson from Waringstown Co. Armagh with ‘Apple and spiced baked French toast recipe’
• Sue Warner from Guildford with ‘Egg flip and potato pie recipe’
Only Slimming World members can vote for their favourites but as soon as a winner is announced all the recipes will be made available right here.
Meanwhile I thought I’d share some of the recipes that made my own Eggs Factor final in 2008 (mine is the Salmon Carbonarish!), which I was lucky enough to win.