Boiled egg and asparagus spearsPrint this recipe
- Cooking time: 4 mins.
- Serves: 2
- 16-20 asparagus spears
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- white truffle infused olive oil to drizzle (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to serve
- a shaving of Parmesan cheese
Cook the asparagus in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until tender. At the same time, cook the eggs (Gizzi uses free range) in boiling salted water for 4 minutes (I always set the timer for 4 minutes and 15 seconds!) Put each egg in an egg cup on a plate. Drain the asparagus and divide between plates, drizzle with truffle oil, seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
I always look for the Lion on eggs to guarantee the highest standards of food safety. All Lion eggs come from British hens vaccinated against salmonella and are date-stamped for freshness.
Click here for a video guide of this recipe.
- Chinese fried eggs
- Indian scrambled eggs
- Smoked salmon and Boursin omelette
- Boiled egg and asparagus spears
- Turkish eggs with Turkish toasts
- Marmalade and Cointreau soufflé omelette
- Old school frisée
- ‘Cheat’s’ Croque Madame
- Keralan egg curry
- Huevos rancheros
- Australian eggs Benedict
- Healthy egg, ham and chips