Chinese fried eggsPrint this recipe
- Cooking time: 1 mins.
- Serves: 1
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- small pinch ground white pepper
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced
Chinese fried eggs with oyster sauce, spring onions and chilli.
Heat oil in a hot wok until the surface seems to shimmer slightly.
Crack the eggs (Gizzi uses free range) into the hot oil and fry for 1 minute, basting the yolk continually with the hot oil for 1 minute.
Carefully slide a fish slice under the eggs, lift out of wok. Drizzle eggs with oyster sauce and garnish with pepper, spring onions and chillies.
I always look for the Lion on eggs to guarantee the highest standards of food safety. All Lion eggs come from British hens vaccinated against salmonella and are date-stamped for freshness.
- Chinese fried eggs
- Indian scrambled eggs
- Smoked salmon and Boursin omelette
- Boiled egg and asparagus spears
- Turkish eggs with Turkish toasts
- Marmalade and Cointreau soufflé omelette
- Old school frisée
- ‘Cheat’s’ Croque Madame
- Keralan egg curry
- Huevos rancheros
- Australian eggs Benedict
- Healthy egg, ham and chips