Healthy egg, ham and chipsPrint this recipe
- Cooking time: 12 mins.
- Serves: 2
- 2 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, parboiled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 slices of good quality carved ham from a deli or deli counter (from the bone)
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 large British Lion eggs
Preheat oven to 220°C. Tip the potatoes into a roasting tin. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle over the paprika. Season and mix well to coat the potatoes. Roast for 12 minutes, turning halfway through, until tender.
Halfway through nestle the ham and the tomatoes, cut-side up, amongst the potatoes. Make two spaces in the tin and crack an egg (Gizzi uses free range) into each one. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are just set.
I always look for the Lion on eggs to guarantee the highest standards of food safety. All Lion eggs come from British hens vaccinated against salmonella and are date-stamped for freshness.
- Chinese fried eggs
- Indian scrambled eggs
- Smoked salmon and Boursin omelette
- Boiled egg and asparagus spears
- Turkish eggs with Turkish toasts
- Marmalade and Cointreau soufflé omelette
- Old school frisée
- ‘Cheat’s’ Croque Madame
- Keralan egg curry
- Huevos rancheros
- Australian eggs Benedict
- Healthy egg, ham and chips