Asparagus and leeks with egg dressing
Roasted Asparagus and Leeks with a Simple Egg Dressing
- 400g new potatoes, with their skins
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 small leeks, sliced
- 15g butter
- 150ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 medium hard-boiled British Lion eggs
- 1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1tbsp capers
- 4-6 cocktail gherkins
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 50g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- Put the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 15-20min until tender. Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Put the asparagus and leeks in an ovenproof dish. Add the butter and stock and season well. Cover and cook in the oven for 20min.
- Meanwhile, chop the eggs and put in a bowl with the parsley, capers and gherkins. Mix together the olive oil and wine vinegar in a separate bowl and season well. Add to the egg mixture and stir in.
- When the asparagus and leeks are cooked, sprinkle over the smoked salmon and chopped egg mixture and serve immediately with the new potatoes.