Baked eggs and spinach with salsa
Bake these in individual ramekins for a perfect starter when entertaining your vegetarian friends.
- 7g butter
- 100g spinach
- Nutmeg (optional)
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 2 anchovies, drained of oil, halved
For the salsa
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 25g pitted black olives, chopped
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Melt the butter in the pan and sauté the spinach until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper and a little freshly grated nutmeg.
- Divide equally among four ramekins or two large ramekins. Cool a little then crack an egg into each ramekin.
- Put in a roasting dish and pour enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of each. Bake for 15min or until just set.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes and olives in a bowl and mix together with the olive oil and parsley.
- When the eggs are cooked, divide the anchovies among the ramekins. Toast the wholemeal bread and serve this topped with the tomato and olive salsa and baked eggs.