Seven simple steps to omelette perfection!
1. Take your eggs and crack them into a bowl – don’t put them directly into the pan as you need to mix them first!
2. Add a pinch of salt and pepper before whisking with a fork until the white and the yolk are fully blended.
3. Bring your pan to a high heat and add oil so that the mixture doesn’t stick.
4. Pour in your mixture and cook on a high heat for two minutes, making sure that mixture is spread out evenly.
5. As the egg begins to set, use a spatula to push the set egg towards the omelette centre.
6. Cook the set omelette for another minute, then loosen the edges with a spatula and fold the omelette in half/
7. Tilt the pan and slide the omelette onto a warm plate and serve immediately on its own or with a crisp green salad.
Ideas for fillings!
· Your favourite cheese
· Pre-cooked meats such as Parma ham or chorizo.
· Vegetables – For example, onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomato, peppers, fresh herbs.
· Seafood such as prawns, smoked salmon.
And there you have it; the perfect omelette! Once you master the technique, check out our other great omelette recipes and discover a range of varied and exciting meal ideas.