Annabel Karmel's dippy eggs with garlic pitta people
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Step aside toast soldiers, these garlic pitta people are ready to take a dip! Did you know that eggs are a good source of protein and contain many different vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D, folate and omega 3 fatty acids? These are all essential for growth and development, and runny or soft boiled eggs are a great way to introduce this superfood to babies.
- 1 large white pitta bread
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 large British Lion eggs at room temperature
- Preheat the grill.
- Slice the pitta bread in half through the middle.
- Mix the oil and garlic together in a bowl and brush the oil over the pitta and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place on a baking sheet and grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Set aside
- Bring a pan of water up to the boil. Add the eggs and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes so that they are cooked but runny.
- Remove, place in egg cups and carefully slice the tops off. Slice the pittas into strips and it’s time for your pitta people to dive in
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's dippy eggs with sweet potato soldiers
While there’ll always be a place in our hearts and breakfast tables for toast soldiers, here is a simple...
Annabel Karmel's poached egg courgetti
This simple curly courgetti recipe will have the whole family in a twist! Topped with a runny poached egg...
Annabel Karmel's veggie fritter toppers
This egg-topped fritter tower is an all-round family pleaser. It’s a fun way to serve protein-packed eggs whilst stacking...