Annabel Karmel's dippy eggs with sweet potato soldiers
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
While there’ll always be a place in our hearts and breakfast tables for toast soldiers, here is a simple twist which babies and children will love plunging into a soft egg yolk.
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into thick batons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large British Lion eggs at room temperature
- Preheat the oven 180˚C Fan / 400˚ F / Gas 6.
- Place the sweet potato batons on a baking tray. Add the oil and cornflour and toss together. Roast for 20 minutes, turning them over after 15 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and put them back in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted. Then set them aside.
- Bring a pan of water up to the boil. Add the eggs and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes so that they are cooked but runny.
- Remove, place in egg cups and carefully slice the tops off. Serve with your cheesy veg soldiers for some serious dipping.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: