Annabel Karmel's egg brunch muffins
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 35mins
It’s baked eggs, but not as we know it! This is a great batch-cook recipe for a heathy to-go breakkie, brunch or lunch. Packed with red peppers, peas, and cherry tomatoes, they are super tasty hot or cold. Take even the youngest of eaters on a food adventure with this marvellous muffin recipe.
- 6 small new potatoes, diced
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 50g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- Preheat the oven 180˚C Fan / 400˚ F / Gas 6.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain, cool and dice.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Add the diced potatoes, red pepper, peas, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes and basil. Mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into 8 muffin holes. Bake for around 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and set in the middle.
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from the muffin trays. Now pack them into their lunchboxes (that goes for grown-ups too!)
For best results use a 12-hole silicone muffin tray
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's poached egg courgetti
This simple curly courgetti recipe will have the whole family in a twist! Topped with a runny poached egg...
Annabel Karmel's veggie fritter toppers
This egg-topped fritter tower is an all-round family pleaser. It’s a fun way to serve protein-packed eggs whilst stacking...