Annabel Karmel's hearty breakfast
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
This heart-shaped egg would make a fun surprise breakfast for mum or dad and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- 1 thick slice white bread
- 15g unsalted butter plus an extra knob
- 1 large British Lion egg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut a hole in the centre of the bread using a heart-shaped cookie cutter about 8 cm (3 “) wide at its widest point.
- Melt 15g of butter in a small frying pan and sauté the bread on one side until golden. Turn the bread over, melt the extra pat of butter in the heart-shaped cut out, break the egg into it, and season lightly. Cook covered for about 2 minutes until the egg is cooked to mum’s or dad’s liking.
- You can also dip the cut out heart in a little egg and sauté that too, to make French toast.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
This brunch idea would also be great for lunch, quick and easy to prepare. 237 calories per portion.
Bacon and egg quesadillas
The family is sure to enjoy these easy Mexican quesadillas as an alternative to a traditional English breakfast