Annabel Karmel's little chick scrambled egg
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
We’re going on an egg hunt…So why not fuel your little chicks on this simple scrambled showstopper? Little ones eat with their eyes, so this is the perfect, easy-to-prep recipe to set imaginations running wild this spring.
- Small knob of butter
- 2 medium British Lion eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 slices of cucumber, cut in half
- ½ red pepper, de-seeded – use to cut out the crown, beak and feet
- 1 olive, 2 thin slices
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir, then cook for a further 20 seconds.
- Remove and scramble the lightly cooked eggs with a fork.
- Spoon onto a plate to make the body of the chick.
- Add the sliced cucumber for the eyes, wings and grass
- Add the olive eyeballs and red pepper shapes for the crown, beak and feet. Serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: