Annabel Karmel's scrambled egg and tomato salsa wrap
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Makes a delicious quick meal, fun to cook with the kids.
- For the tomato salsa:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Half small red chilli, diced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Juice of half a lime
- Half tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chives, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- For the scrambled eggs:
- A knob of butter
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 small tortilla wraps
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- To make the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Season well and chill whilst you make the scrambled eggs.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and season. Melt the butter in a small frying pan. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Stir over the heat until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Remove from the heat.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave or in a dry frying pan. Put one wrap on a board. Spoon half of the eggs along one side. Top with the salsa and a sprinkle of cheese. Fold in the sides, then roll up and slice in half. Repeat with the remaining wrap.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's old school frisée, bacon and egg salad
Gizzi says: " At the height of summer the last thing you want to do is lots of complicated...
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...