Annabel Karmel's scrambled egg and tomato salsa wrap
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Makes a delicious quick meal, fun to cook with the kids.
- For the tomato salsa:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Half small red chilli, diced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Juice of half a lime
- Half tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chives, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- For the scrambled eggs:
- A knob of butter
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 small tortilla wraps
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- To make the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Season well and chill whilst you make the scrambled eggs.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and season. Melt the butter in a small frying pan. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Stir over the heat until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Remove from the heat.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave or in a dry frying pan. Put one wrap on a board. Spoon half of the eggs along one side. Top with the salsa and a sprinkle of cheese. Fold in the sides, then roll up and slice in half. Repeat with the remaining wrap.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...
Gizzi Erskine's old school frisée, bacon and egg salad
Gizzi says: " At the height of summer the last thing you want to do is lots of complicated...
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...