Annabel Karmel's superfuel salmon egg fried rice
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
Eggs are a good source of natural protein and are packed with vitamins and minerals. Paired with salmon which is high in omega 3 fatty acids for essential growth and development, you have a supercharge combo. Introducing eggs early in the weaning process at around six months can also help protect babies against developing an egg allergy.
- 125g basmati rice
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions, finely diced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tinned sweetcorn
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 ½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Knob of butter
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Cook the rice in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon fillets in a microwave safe dish and cover with clingfilm. Microwave the salmon for 3 ½ minutes. Pierce the fish with a fork in the centre to check the salmon is cooked through (or you can oven cook at 180˚C Fan). Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the onions, pepper, carrot and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice, peas and sweetcorn and toss over a high heat.
- Add the hoisin sauce and soy, flake the salmon into the wok.
- Separately, beat the eggs in a small bowl with the teaspoon of soy sauce. Melt the butter in a small frying pan. Add the egg and stir over a medium heat until scrambled.
- Add the scrambled egg to the wok and gently fold in and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's dip dip chickpea and carrot pancakes
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Served nice and runny with these super pancakes please! The...
Annabel Karmel's dippy eggs with sweet potato soldiers
While there’ll always be a place in our hearts and breakfast tables for toast soldiers, here is a simple...
Annabel Karmel's poached egg courgetti
This simple curly courgetti recipe will have the whole family in a twist! Topped with a runny poached egg...