Annabel Karmel's tomato and basil omelette for babies
A deliciously light and super-easy recipe to wake up your baby’s tastebuds. A serving of light, fluffy slices of omelette, complete with creamy cheese and peppery basil to create a tasty baby omelette.
- A knob of butter
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium British Lion Quality egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp parmesan, finely grated (try another hard cheese if you prefer)
- 3 basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan, then add the tomatoes and fry for one minute.
- Mix the egg, milk, cheese and basil (if using) together in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and swirl around to cover the base.
- Once the omelette is set, which should take around 2 minutes, turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Once cooked through flip the omelette onto a plate and slice into child-friendly pieces.