Annabel Karmel's veggie fritter toppers
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
This egg-topped fritter tower is an all-round family pleaser. It’s a fun way to serve protein-packed eggs whilst stacking up their veggie intake. A little tip; serve your egg topper runny so the fritters can be dunked! Healthy food has never been so fun.
- 100g tinned sweetcorn
- 75g cold mashed potato
- 50g carrot, peeled and grated
- 50g courgette, grated
- 4 spring onions, diced
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 40g self-raising flour
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Puree half of the sweetcorn in a food mixer.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the sweetcorn puree and the remaining fritter ingredients, except the oil.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Take spoonfuls of the mixture and fry them for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until lightly golden. Do this in two batches. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Crack an egg into a bowl. Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool and slowly tip the egg into the centre. Repeat for the second egg.
- Poach each egg for 3 to 4 minutes, then lift each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- For each portion, stack 4 fritters and add your egg topper.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's dip dip chickpea and carrot pancakes
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Served nice and runny with these super pancakes please! The...
Annabel Karmel's dippy eggs with sweet potato soldiers
While there’ll always be a place in our hearts and breakfast tables for toast soldiers, here is a simple...
Annabel Karmel's poached egg courgetti
This simple curly courgetti recipe will have the whole family in a twist! Topped with a runny poached egg...