Australian eggs benedict
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 0mins
- Cook: 11mins
- #To make the hollandaise
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 English muffin, halved
- 2 slices of good quality carved smoked ham from a deli or deli counter (from the bone)
- 1 large vine tomato cut into 4 width ways
- ½ avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- #For the rest of the dish
- 2 large British Lion egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon tarragon or white wine vinegar
- a pinch of sea salt
- a splash of ice cold water
- 125g unsalted butter, ice cold and cut into cubes
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- Put two egg yolks, ½ teaspoon of tarragon or white wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and a splash of ice-cold water in a metal or glass bowl that will fit over a small pan. Whisk for a few minutes then put the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and whisk continuously until pale and thick (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the cubes of butter, bit by bit until it's all incorporated and you have a creamy hollandaise (if it gets too thick, add a splash of water). Season with a squeeze of lemon juice and a little cayenne pepper. Keep warm until needed.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil then poach two eggs for 3 minutes so the yolks are still soft. Lift each one out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To make eggs Benedict, toast 2 muffin halves, top each with a slice of ham, a slice of tomato, a few slices of avocado a poached egg and spoon over a generous helping of hollandaise
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...
Eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise
A recipe for classic eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise.
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...