Avocado & bacon egg cups
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 1 large avocado, firm but ripe
- 2 small British Lion eggs
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 pitta breads, cut into 1.5cm wide strips
- Pinch chilli flakes, optional
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C (Fan)/gas mark 5. Line a large baking tray with foil.
2. Halve and stone the avocado, carefully scoop out a hollow from the middle of the flesh and leave at least 1cm flesh attached to the skin. Dice the removed avocado and place in a small bowl with tomato and onion. Season, stir, cover and chill.
3. Place avocado halves in a small baking dish, use some foil to scrunch around the rounded bases to keep them level, then crack an egg into each hollow. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and bake for 18-20 minutes.
4. Add the bacon to one side of the lined tray, bake for 8 minutes. Add pitta breads and return to oven for 5 minutes until the bacon and pitta are crisp. Serve the avocado topped with tomato avocado salsa, then crumble over the bacon and serve with pitta dippers.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spicy bacon and baked egg bagels
A fancier and smokier version of our egg and bacon breakfast sandwich. It looks so impressive!