Baked egg pizza with portabella mushroom and cured ham
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
This delicious pizza recipe is bound to be a winner with the family.
- 1 British Lion egg
- 1 good quality plain shop-bought pizza base
- 1 jar tomato sauce for pizzas
- 1 portabella mushroom, lightly fried
- Small handful of rocket
- 2-3 slices cured ham such as Parma
- 1 mozzarella, drained
Tip: We have used Parma ham but Serrano or San Danielle will work equally well.
- Pre-heat the oven to its highest setting and place a tray on which you’ll cook the pizza in the oven to get it nice and hot.
- Take your pizza base and spread with tomato sauce.
- Slice the cooked mushroom and scatter the slices over the pizza.
- Dice the mozzarella and scatter over the pizza.
- Crack the egg into the centre of the pizza and place in the oven on the tray
- The base and the egg should both cook in about 6-8 minutes
- Remove from oven and place the ham on top with a scattering of rocket.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Little egg & ham pies
Serve hot for supper, warm for brunch, or at room temperature in a school lunch box or picnic hamper....
Eggs en cocotte
For British Egg Week 2011.
Baked eggs and beans
This dish is inspired by a classic dish ‘eggs en cocotte’ - eggs baked in the oven with a...