Baked eggs and ham in Portobello mushrooms
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 4 slices of wafer-thin ham
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and place the mushrooms on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the pre-heated oven for ten minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and drain off any excess liquid. Line each mushroom base with a slice of ham, then crack an egg on top. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for seven minutes, or until the white is just set and the yolk is still runny.
- Serve with the parsley sprinkled on top.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Wok fried egg and spicy minced pork with garlic & ginger
Cook’s tips The best way to set yourself up for cooking this dish is to separate all the prepared...