Baked eggs, ham and parmesan
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- butter, for greasing
- 4 thin slices of Parma or Bayonne ham
- 200g crème fraîche
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toasted brioche, to serve
- Brush 4 ovenproof ramekins with butter. Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas 2. Cut the ham into thin strips and place some in the bottom of each ramekin. Add a tablespoon of crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper. Repeat the layers, then crack an egg on top, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and season again.
- Place the ramekins in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the whites are cooked and the yolks are still wobbly. Serve with some toasted brioche.
From Tom Aikens: "Easy" published by Ebury Press, £25.00 HB.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked egg pizza with portabella mushroom and cured ham
This delicious pizza recipe is bound to be a winner with the family.
Baked eggs and beans
This dish is inspired by a classic dish ‘eggs en cocotte’ - eggs baked in the oven with a...
Avocado egg cups
Add a dash of experimentation to your culinary arsenal with this wonderfully inventive Avocado Egg Cups recipe. Experience the...
Gizzi Erskine's healthy egg, ham and chips
Gizzi says: " Ham, egg and chips is a classic, but it’s not got a reputation for being healthy....