- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Delicious served with steak!
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4tbsp of dry white wine
- 175g/6oz unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large British Lion egg yolks
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- fresh tarragon (optional)
- chives (optional)
- Finely chop a shallot and place in a small pan with the dried tarragon.
- Place the vinegar and wine in a small pan and simmer until reduced by half. Place the egg yolk and vinegar mixture in a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of gently simmering water.
Whilst still whisking, gradually add the butter in a slow but steady stream until the mixture
has thickened and all the butter is incorporated.
- Stir through a little chopped fresh tarragon and chives if liked before serving.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Eggs Benedict recipe
A classic breakfast favourite, Eggs Benedict is one of the most popular egg recipes. If you're feeling extra crafty...
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...