Blueberry and raspberry pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes are a tasty treat any time of the year, but especially good when British raspberries are in season.
- 175g/6oz plain flour
- 5ml/1 tsp baking powder
- 50g/2oz caster sugar
- 2 large British Lion eggs,
- 150ml/1/4pt milk
- 75g/3oz blueberries, thawed if frozen
- 75g/3oz raspberries, thawed if frozen
- a little oil for frying
- honey and blueberries and raspberries to serve
- icing sugar to dust
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl. Beat the egg yolks and milk together and beat into the dry ingredients. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff, stir half into the batter then gently fold in the remainder. Stir in the berries.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and brush with oil. Pour 60ml/4tbsp of batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface and the base is golden. Carefully flip over the pancake with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Transfer to a clean tea towel, this will keep the pancakes warm. Repeat to make 8 pancakes. Serve warm with honey and fresh berries dusted with icing sugar.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Honey and raspberry pancakes
Honey and raspberry pancakes (217 calories per portion) are a light and delicious dessert, perfect for summer nights.
Normandy apple crepes
Normandy apple crêpes
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...