- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g left over vegetables such as sliced new potatoes, mashed potatoes, sliced cabbage, carrots, sprouts or peas
- For the pancake batter:
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt milk
- a little oil for frying
- Sauté onion in a non-stick frying pan in vegetable oil for 4 minutes until golden.
- Add leftover vegetables. Continue cooking squishing and mixing the vegetables together until they are hot and ‘squeak’ in the pan.
- Divide the mixture between four pancakes and serve with grilled bacon and poached eggs