Bubble and Squeak Rosti
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 600g mixed left over veg (including roast potatoes, parsnip, spouts and carrots)
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- A little oil for frying
- Pigs in blankets and cranberry sauce to serve
1. Place all the vegetables on a large chopping board and finely chop so everything is no bigger than 1cm cubed.
2. Crack 4 British Lion eggs into a large bowl, add seasoning and the rosemary if using, then add the chopped vegetables and stir well.
3. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add two or three heaped spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3minutes per side until golden brown.
4. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make a total of about 12. Keep warm in a low-heated oven.
5. Wipe out the frying pan with kitchen paper, add a little more oil to the pan and fry the remaining eggs until cooked to your liking.
6. Serve 3 rostis per person topped with an egg, alongside pigs in blankets and cranberry sauce.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's huevos rancheros
Gizzi says: "One of my favourite brunch recipes must be huevos rancheros, the classic Mexican dish of corn tortillas...
Kedgeree is a tasty recipe, which brings together a variety of textures and tastes.