Buddha bowl with poached egg and roasted vegetables
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 25mins
This Buddha bowl will give you a boost of energy. It’s packed with nutrition goodness and will brighten up your day with colourful veggies.
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- 50g broccoli, cut into florets
- 50g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 50g butternut squash, skin on, cut into 2 cm cubes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 150g quinoa, cooked following the instructions on the packaging
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of your favourite sprouts/shoots
- Preheat the oven to 180*C. Start with preparing the vegetables. Put the broccoli, cauliflower and squash on a roasting tray, lined with baking parchment. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Shake the tray and make sure that all the vegetable chunks are covered with oil equally.
- Cover the tray with kitchen foil and put in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes and take the foil off the tray. Put back in the oven and roast for another 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are nicely browned and soften.
- Whilst the vegetables are roasting, poach your egg. Bring a deep saucepan of water to a boil. Add the vinegar. Stir the water, crack the egg and carefully tip it into the centre of the saucepan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Lift the egg out and drain it on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl mix together the miso, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil, until well combined and smooth in texture.
- Assemble the bowl, starting with putting the quinoa in the centre and then placing the roasted vegetables and the egg around it. Dress with miso dressing and sprouts.
crack the egg into a bowl before poaching
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can...
Courgette and red onion 'no pastry' quiche
To watch top vlogger Juggle Mum cook this recipe click here.
Baked breakfast with tomato and mushroom
Great recipe for all-in-one baked full English breakfast that the family will love, easy and low in calories, it's...
White bean and egg salad
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion