Carbonara style spaghetti in the microwave
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 9mins
After a long day at work, this carbonara-style spaghetti can be made quickly in the microwave. For a veggy option, replace the bacon with 50g/2oz button mushrooms, wiped, and sliced. Cook with 5ml/1tsp oil for 2 mins. Complete as above.
- 4 rashers of smoked back bacon
- 100g/4oz spaghetti
- 50g/2oz frozen peas
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 100ml/4floz single cream
- 25g/1oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- a little grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil a kettle of water. Snap the spaghetti in half and place it in the bowl. Pour over enough boiling water from the kettle to fill half the bowl, cover with an upturned plate. Cook on HIGH for 7 mins. Stir in the peas and leave to stand for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the bacon and put in a small micro-proof bowl, cover with a piece of kitchen paper to prevent splattering, and cook on HIGH for 1 min 30 secs, stirring once. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, cream and cheese together with the nutmeg and seasoning. Drain the pasta in a colander, return it to the bowl, stir in the bacon, and egg mixture. Cook on HIGH for 2 mins, stirring once. Leave to stand for 2 mins. Serve in bowls with a little more nutmeg grated and ground pepper over the top.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...
Pesto, spring greens & egg pasta
This flavourful pasta dish will be a hit with everyone – plus it’s a great (and quick and easy)...
Low calorie spiced egg pilau
This dish is ideal for athletes as it provides a 3 to 1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein, which...