- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 1-2 Maris Piper potatoes (300g), peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated
- 3 spring onions, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cucumber & mint yogurt dip (like tzatziki or raita) and crispy salad, to serve
- Place the flour, cumin seeds, garlic and coriander into a bowl. Pour over the eggs and lightly whisk to combine.
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and carrots, squeezing out any excess water. Stir though the egg mixture with the sliced spring onion and a little salt and pepper. Mix well to evenly coat.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon a ¼ of the potato and carrot mixture into one side of the pan and another ¼ into the other side. Gently fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining two fritters.
- Place 2 fritters on each plate and serve with a cucumber & mint yogurt dip and crispy salad.