- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
A fresh and quick version of this classic egg recipe.
- 1 skinless salmon fillet
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 pack (250g) microwave wholegrain rice, cooked
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, quartered to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Add a splash of oil into a non-stick pan and cook the salmon for 4-5 minutes over a medium to high heat until nearly cooked through. Flake the salmon.
- In a large pan, fry the onion, garlic and ginger in some olive oil for 5 minutes until soft. Add the spices and chilli and cook for a further minute. Add the rice and stir through, making sure the rice is well coated. Cook for 3-4 minutes, adding a splash of water if necessary.
- Add the salmon, spring onion and coriander to the rice and stir. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze over the lemon juice.
- In a deep pan, bring water up to a rolling boil, add the vinegar and crack in the eggs. Leave to cook for 4-5 mins, 4 for a runny yolk. Remove from the water and drain any excess water on some kitchen paper.
- Divide the kedgeree between two warm plates. Top each with the poached egg and serve with a lemon wedge.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Kedgeree is a tasty recipe, which brings together a variety of textures and tastes.
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
English breakfast tortilla
Create a tortilla from classic breakfast ingredients and you'll have a perfect meal at any time of the day.