Cheese, ham and tomato souffle omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 15g butter
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 slice of cooked ham, cut into strips
- 25g mature Cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Beat the egg yolks with the mustard and salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they form soft peaks. Gently fold the whites into the egg yolks.
- Preheat the grill to high. Melt the butter in a medium omelette pan and when sizzling pour in the egg mixture. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the base is golden.
- Place the omelette under the hot grill and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the top is golden. Scatter over the tomatoes, ham and cheese and fold in half. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: