- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 30mins
Cherry clafoutis recipe (284 calories per portion)
- Oil for greasing
- 450g (1lb) fresh cherries, pitted or 400g can pitted black cherries, drained
- 4 tablespoons kirsch or cherry brandy
- 100ml (4 fl oz) milk
- 150ml (1/4 pint) whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/400F. Lightly oil a 23cm (9-inch) wide ovenproof dish. Mix the cherries and kirsch or brandy together and set aside.
- Put the milk, cream and vanilla in a pan and heat until almost boiling. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until creamy, add the flour and beat until smooth. Pour over the hot milk and mix well. You can leave the mixture to stand for up to 1 hour.
- Scatter the cherries over the base of the dish. Stir the batter, and pour over the cherries. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until risen and puffy. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Little lemon tarts
These little lemon tarts might have an Easter theme but they taste delicious all year round.
Who can resist these scrumptious chocolate puddings? An ideal dinner party dessert when entertaining as they're sure to impress...
Normandy apple crepes
Normandy apple crêpes