Cherry tomato quiche
- Serves: 8
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 50mins
This quiche makes a great party dish or a tapper ware lunch. It’s cheesy, it’s herby and wonderfully mild thanks to cherry tomatoes.
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 ready rolled short crust pastry
- 160ml milk
- 50 double cream
- 40g parmesan, grated
- 40g cheddar, grated
- 80g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 10g fresh oregano, leaves picked and chopped
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
You will need a 23 cm diaphragm tin (preferably with a removable base) and baking beans
- Preheat the oven to 200*C|180*C fan. Lay the pastry across the tin, leaving it on provided baking paper. Press the pastry to the sides of the tin delicately, just so it sticks. Don’t trim off the edges as your pastry will shrink, so it’s better to do this after blind baking it.
- Take the baking paper off and prick the pastry with a fork. Put the paper back on the pastry and fill the tin with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes, then take the tin out of the oven and remove the paper and the beans. Bake for another 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Whilst the pastry is in the oven, make the quiche filling. In a big mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and double cream. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Add the parmesan, cheddar, spinach and oregano and mix again.
- Pour the quiche mixture into the tin and arrange the tomato halves on top, pressing them lightly into the mixture. Bake the quiche for 30 minutes, until starts browning. Take the tin out of the oven and trim off the excess pastry with a serrated knife.
If you can’t get hold of fresh oregano, you can use other herbs like rosemary or thyme to replace it. Just make sure that they’re finely chopped before adding to the egg mixture.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tom Daley's Beetroot, Kale and Goat's Cheese Quiche
This quiche is perfect if you’re having friends or family round for dinner – it’s bright colours and indulgent...
Eggs baked in a crusty baguette
An ultimate house-warming meal. It will fill your home with cosy smell of fresh bread, garlic and butter.
Puff pastry baked egg and pesto parcels
Easy and elegant breakfast option. When you want to impress.