The Chiappas' egg and leek bake
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 35mins
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 500g leeks, trimmed, halved and sliced lengthways
- 60g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 40g salted butter, plus extra to grease
1. Fill a large pan with water, add salt and bring to the boil.
2. Cook the leeks in the boiling water for 5-10 minutes until they become soft and translucent.
3. Drain the leeks and allow them to cool. You can speed up this process by running them under cold water but make sure they are drained thoroughly.
4. Take a large frying pan with a lid, grease with butter and place on a medium heat.
5. Arrange one third of the leeks in an even layer over the bottom of the pan, then dot on a third of the butter and sprinkle a third of the Parmesan cheese evenly over the leeks.
6. Repeat this process twice more with the remaining two thirds of the leeks, butter and cheese.
7. Cover the leeks and cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes until the butter and cheese are bubbling and the base of the leeks are starting to go crispy.
8. Remove the lid and crack the four eggs on top and sprinkle each egg with a little salt.
9. Cook the eggs with the lid on for approximately 4-5 minutes or until they are cooked to your liking.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: