Chickpea and courgette eggah
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
A lovely light summer recipe, our chickpea and courgette eggah recipe infuses classic Moroccan herbs and spices for an alternative take on a popular quiche or tortilla. Cooked in just 15 minutes, this dish is great for a quick and nutritious meal at home or as a packed lunch for picnics or your workplace.
- 30ml/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 (400g) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 45m/3 tbsp freshly chopped flat parsley
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 80g/3oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Add the courgettes, increase the heat and sauté for 2 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the chickpeas, garlic, spices and parsley and stir fry for 2 minutes until hot.
- Beat the eggs with 30ml/2tbsp water and add to the pan. Cover the pan with a lid or tray, then cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the surface is almost set.
- Sprinkle over the cheese, pop the pan under a hot grill and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the top is golden and the centre is set.
- Serve warm or cold in wedges with harissa sauce and a tomato salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato and pepper Spanish omelette
Omelettes are famous for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be packed with flavour. Enjoy the creamy...