Chickpea and courgette eggah
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
A lovely light summer recipe, our chickpea and courgette eggah recipe infuses classic Moroccan herbs and spices for an alternative take on a popular quiche or tortilla. Cooked in just 15 minutes, this dish is great for a quick and nutritious meal at home or as a packed lunch for picnics or your workplace.
- 30ml/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 (400g) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 45m/3 tbsp freshly chopped flat parsley
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 80g/3oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Add the courgettes, increase the heat and sauté for 2 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the chickpeas, garlic, spices and parsley and stir fry for 2 minutes until hot.
- Beat the eggs with 30ml/2tbsp water and add to the pan. Cover the pan with a lid or tray, then cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the surface is almost set.
- Sprinkle over the cheese, pop the pan under a hot grill and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the top is golden and the centre is set.
- Serve warm or cold in wedges with harissa sauce and a tomato salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
Stir-fry Dinner Omelette
Recipe courtesy of Proper Tasty.
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Vegetable frittata with mushrooms, spinach and avocado
Popular vlogger Barry Lewis of My Virgin Kitchen has created an amazingly tasty fully loaded vegetable frittata - a...