Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa with onion, chilli, lime and coriander for extra edge and if you’re feeling fancy, melt some mild chilli cheese on top for an extra rich taste. Quick, easy and tasty!
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 10g unsalted butter
- 5-6 pickled jalapeño chillies, finely chopped
- 50g Mexican chilli cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp soured cream, to serve
- For the salsa:
- 200g baby plum tomatoes
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ red chilli, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 20ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Make the salsa: in a mini blender, add the tomatoes, onion, chilli, coriander and blitz for a few seconds. Season and dress with lime juice and olive oil.
- Beat the eggs and season well with salt and pepper. Stir through the pickled jalapeños.
- Place the butter in a medium hot non-stick pan. Add the eggs, folding as you go. Sprinkle over the grated cheese as the omelette begins to set. Take from the heat when the omelette is nearly set, and fold before turning onto a serving plate.
- Serve the omelette with some of the salsa and a dollop of soured cream. Scatter with more chopped coriander if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...