Chilli & pepperoni pasta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Chilli & pepperoni pasta is a quick, easy and tasty meal using eggs that will appeal to all the family.
- 75g/2oz linguine pasta
- dash of vinegar
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 60ml/4 tbsp ready made tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 15g/1/2 oz pepperoni slices
- 15g/1/2 oz rocket leaves
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10-12 mins or according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pan with water to a depth of 5cm/2in. Add the vinegar and a dash of salt and bring to the oil. Carefully crack in the eggs and when the water is simmering, cook the eggs for 2-3mins depending on how soft you like your eggs. Use a slotted spoon to lift the eggs from the water and drain on kitchen paper.
- Drain the pasta, stir in the sauce, pepperoni and rocket and toss well to mix. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with the poached egg and serve with green salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and broccoli pasta
This recipe is fantastic value at less than £1 per portion. Not only that but it is also deliciously...
Pasta with bacon and eggs
Pasta with bacon and eggs makes a tasty and satisfying meal, sure to please all the family.