Chinese vegetable omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Try this tasty traditional Chinese dish, filled with delicious hearty Asian vegetables, including mange tout and succulent mushrooms. Add a dash of chilli for a touch of heat together with the earthy sweet flavours of Oyster sauce mixed with coriander.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 spring onions trimmed and shredded
- 50g mangetout, shredded
- 25g shiitake mushrooms, shredded
- Half a red chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan, beat the eggs with the sugar, 1 tbsp water, and seasoning. Pour into the hot pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring with a spatula to move the cooked egg into the centre, until no runny egg remains. Cook for 1 more minute then carefully transfer to a warm plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the onions, mangetout, mushrooms and chilli and stir fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the coriander and oyster sauce and remove from the heat.
- Scatter the vegetables into the centre of the omelette, fold over the sides to enclose and make a parcel then serve seam side down on a plate. Make a cross in the top of the omelette and open up to reveal the filling. Serve hot.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Farmhouse pizza omelette
A traditional-style pizza omelette with only 240 calories per portion. Based on a Farmhouse pizza - delicious
Cheese & mushroom pizza omelette
Quick and easy to prepare, you don't have to wait for the takeaway to arrive with this delicious cheese...
Potato, courgette, bean and goats cheese frittata
A wonderfully tasty and simple dish.