Chorizo, eggs, leeks and mash
A substantial family meal that is both satisfying and tasty.
- 1 kg (2lb 4oz) potatoes, cut into even-sized chunks
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 75g (3oz) chorizo sausage, sliced
- 5-7 tablespoons milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until soft. Drain and mash with some milk and some seasoning. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile put the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 7 minutes and then drain and rinse in cold water, tapping the shells all over. When cold enough to handle, peel and chop.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and cook the garlic and leeks for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly, until tender and lightly browned. Grill the chorizo under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes until crisp.
- Spoon mashed potato onto four warmed plates. Top with the sautéed leeks, chopped hard-boiled egg and crisp chorizo. Garnish with flat-leaf parsley.