Chow mein with prawns
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 8mins
This delicious chow mein with prawns makes a satisfying meal for the family and is quick to prepare. Take a look at these egg recipes when you next need to rustle up a quick meal for the family.
- 225g (8oz) medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) mange tout, shredded
- 225g (8oz) cooked, peeled tiger prawns
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2.5cm (1 inch) piece root ginger, grated
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside. Heat half the oil in a large wok, add the spring onions, carrot, mange tout, prawns, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and pour in the eggs. Cook, stirring continuously, until the eggs have scrambled.
- Add the soy sauce, noodles and stir-fried vegetables to the wok and stir-fry together for 1 minute. Serve immediately in bowls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.
Fragrant Indonesian fried rice
Egg fried rice with chicken makes a super-speedy supper for four.
Thai chicken omelette
Indulge in this delightful oriental omelette, with tender chicken breasts seasoned with the spicy warmth of ginger, crunchy sweet...