Classic Eggs Royale
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
It’s a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hollandaise sauce
- 1 slice sourdough
- 50g smoked salmon
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 20g mixed baby salad leaves
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- Cress for garnish
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Poach the egg. Bring a deep saucepan of water to a boil. Add the vinegar. Stir the water, crack the egg into the water and carefully tip it into the centre of the saucepan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Lift the egg out and drain it on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Warm up the hollandaise sauce in a small saucepan.
- Toast the sourdough. Spread the horseradish sauce over and arrange the salmon on top. Put the poached egg on the middle of the toast and pour the hollandaise over. Garnish with the salad leaves, shallot and radish slices, cress and a drizzle of the olive oil.
When tipping the egg into a boiling water, keep it very close to the water surface.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tom Daley's Cloud Eggs
Cloud Eggs is one of Robbie’s favourite brunch dishes, they require minimal ingredients and kids go wild for them...
Tom Daley's Huevos Rancheros
This is one of my favourite brunch recipes, it reminds me of when I first met Lance and our...
Tom Daley's Japanese Souffle Pancakes
These Japanese souffle pancakes are a great alternative to a traditional pancake recipe, if you’re looking to mix up...
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.