- For the salad:
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Hard-boiled British Lion eggs
- Grilled bacon
- Cooked chicken
- For the dressing:
- 1 part red wine vinegar
- 3 parts olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Shred the lettuce and spread it over a platter or bowl with the watercress.
- Cut the eggs, bacon, chicken, avocado and tomatoes into bite size pieces. Arrange on top of the salad leaves.
- Snip some chives and sprinkle over the top of the salad.
- To make the dressing whisk together the vinegar and oil and season to your taste with the other ingredients.
- Serve the dressing on the side, or pour over the salad at the last moment before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Purple Pumpkin blog.