Coronation Egg & Bacon Sandwich
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
An egg-citing twist on Coronation chicken sandwich!
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 rashers of streaky smoked bacon
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 slices wholegrain sandwich bread
- Small handful of coriander, leaves picked
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Bring back to a simmer, then simmer for 8 minutes. Remove the eggs and drain under cold running water to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Fry the bacon for around 5 minutes per side, or until crisp. Remove from the pan and roughly chop.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and mash with the mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Generously spread the curry egg mixture onto the bottom half of 1 sandwich slice, then top with the chopped bacon, followed by the coriander.
- Sandwich together with the top half.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chickpea and poached egg salad
This is an easy and nutritious salad that can be prepared quickly and makes an excellent lunch!
Egg and avocado tortilla wraps
A refreshing change from sandwiches, this tortilla wrap with eggs and avocado will ensure a tasty vegetarian lunch.
Egg and tomato pitta pockets
A great lunch recipe which takes just minutes to make.