Coronation Egg & Bacon Sandwich
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
An egg-citing twist on Coronation chicken sandwich!
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 rashers of streaky smoked bacon
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 slices wholegrain sandwich bread
- Small handful of coriander, leaves picked
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Bring back to a simmer, then simmer for 8 minutes. Remove the eggs and drain under cold running water to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Fry the bacon for around 5 minutes per side, or until crisp. Remove from the pan and roughly chop.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and mash with the mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Generously spread the curry egg mixture onto the bottom half of 1 sandwich slice, then top with the chopped bacon, followed by the coriander.
- Sandwich together with the top half.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chickpea and poached egg salad
This is an easy and nutritious salad that can be prepared quickly and makes an excellent lunch!
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.
Super egg & veg sandwich
This sandwich keeps well and is perfect for an on-the-go breakfast.