Courgette, pea and pesto frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 1 large Maris Piper potato (350g), peeled & cut into 1cm slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large courgette, sliced thinly
- 150g frozen peas
- 5 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 heaped tsp grated cheese (Parmesan or Cheddar)
- Place the potato slices in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the courgettes to the pan, season and cook for a further 5 minutes until the courgettes are soft and lightly browned. Add the peas and drained potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and pesto together, season with a little salt and black pepper, then pour over the vegetables. Tilt the pan to distribute the egg evenly and cook for 6-8 minutes until the base and edges are golden.
- Scatter with a little cheese and place under the grill for 5 minutes until the egg is golden and cooked through. Serve in wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chickpea and courgette eggah
A lovely light summer recipe, our chickpea and courgette eggah recipe infuses classic Moroccan herbs and spices for an...
Vegetable frittata with mushrooms, spinach and avocado
Popular vlogger Barry Lewis of My Virgin Kitchen has created an amazingly tasty fully loaded vegetable frittata - a...
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...