Courgette, pea and pesto frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 1 large Maris Piper potato (350g), peeled & cut into 1cm slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large courgette, sliced thinly
- 150g frozen peas
- 5 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 heaped tsp grated cheese (Parmesan or Cheddar)
- Place the potato slices in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the courgettes to the pan, season and cook for a further 5 minutes until the courgettes are soft and lightly browned. Add the peas and drained potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and pesto together, season with a little salt and black pepper, then pour over the vegetables. Tilt the pan to distribute the egg evenly and cook for 6-8 minutes until the base and edges are golden.
- Scatter with a little cheese and place under the grill for 5 minutes until the egg is golden and cooked through. Serve in wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato and pepper Spanish omelette
Omelettes are famous for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be packed with flavour. Enjoy the creamy...
Not only is this tortilla recipe low in calories, it's also a great way to use up leftover vegetables...