Courgette risotto omelette
A super quick and mouth-watering comfort dish complete with crunchy courgettes infused with the fruity and nutty flavours of parmesan cheese and completed by the light crunch of pesto sauce. Filling and satisfying.
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 30ml/2tbsp pesto sauce
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 175g/6oz cooked long grain rice *
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 25g/1oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Beat the eggs and pesto sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the courgettes and rice. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the base is set and golden. Sprinkle the cheese all over the top then pop it under a hot grill and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until the omelette is set and top golden. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving warm in wedges with tomato salad.
*Tip: If you don’t have any left over rice you’ll need to cook 50g/2oz in boiling salted water. Or if you prefer look out for sachets of cooked rice in supermarkets and keep one on standby in your storecupboard.