Crêpes with crab and herbs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- For the pancakes:
- 40g/1½ oz. plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 100ml/4 fl oz. milk
- A little oil for frying
- For the filling:
- 400g/14oz fresh or canned white crab meat, drained
- 3 tbsp. sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 15ml/3tsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Lime wedges and coriander leaves to serve
- Empty the drained crab into a medium bowl, add the chilli sauce, fresh ginger, chopped coriander and lime zest juice. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Place the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Add half of the milk and whisk well until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and whisk again until smooth. If you prefer, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into a jug.
- Heat a 20cm/8in diameter non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Pour a little of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly and evenly over the base. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the top is set and the base is golden.
- Flip over the pancake and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the base is golden. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm. Use the batter to make a further 3 pancakes in the same way.
- Divide the gingered crab mixture between four warm pancakes, spooning it over a quarter of each. Fold over each to make a neat fan shape.
- Arrange in the centre of four plates, them garnish with a few more fresh coriander leaves and a wedge or two of lime.
Cook’s tip: a can of drained tuna also works well with these flavours - simply mix together with the other ingredients as above.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Big breakfast pancakes
Treat your family to these tasty pancakes for a substantial weekend brunch.
Mushroom, ham and goat's cheese pancakes
Mushroom, ham and goat's cheese pancakes make a filling and tasty meal. The mixture of goat's cheese and ham...