Crunchy seeded soldiers and soft boiled eggs
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 3mins
- Cook: 8mins
- British Lion eggs
- 1 thick slice wholemeal bread
- 10g low fat spread
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds, such as sunflower, chia, poppy, sesame and pumpkin
- Remove the crusts from the bread. Mix the spread and Marmite together, then spread this on both sides of the bread and slice it into 1.5cm wide fingers.
- Empty the seeds into a shallow dish, add the bread and roll until coated in seeds. Place in a small baking tray. Pop until the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden and crisp on all sides. Keep warm.
- To cook the eggs, place them in a small pan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and place the pan on a high heat. When the water is almost boiling, gently stir the eggs and boil for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Lift the eggs from the water and place in egg cups. Cut the top off the shells and serve the eggs with the crunchy toast soldiers.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: