Easy to make, these curried eggs add a bit of spice to a party and can be easily doubled for a buffet.
- 6 medium hard-boiled British Lion eggs, shelled
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1-2tbsp medium curry paste
- 1 tbsp smooth mango chutney
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp dukkah, to serve, optional
- Cut the eggs in half lengthways with a wet knife blade. Scoop out the yolks and place in a bowl with the yogurt, curry paste, mango chutney and lemon juice. Mash well until smooth. Spoon the curried yolks back into the egg whites.
- Scatter lettuce on a serving plate, dip each egg into the dukkah and place onto the lettuce. Scatter with spring onions and serve.
Dukkah is a Middle-Eastern spice and seed blend. It adds a lovely flavour and extra texture to the eggs.