Dean Edwards' one pan rosti with chorizo and eggs
One pan meals couldn't be easier to prepare. This egg, potato and chorizo version comes courtesy of top chef Dean Edwards. To see a video of Dean cooking this recipe, click here.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 2 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, picked
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 20g unsalted butter
- 100g cured chorizo sausage, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the potato and dry in a clean tea towel. Try to squeeze out any excess starchy water before placing in a bowl with the onion, thyme, paprika and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chorizo for around 1-2 minutes until it starts to release its oils. Add the butter, potato and onion and spread into a thin layer. Cook on a medium heat until it starts to brown, then break up and leave to brown again. This will take around 8-10 minutes.
- Make four wells in the potato mixture and crack in the eggs. Continue cooking until the whites have just started to set. Place under a preheated grill and cook until the whites are set. Garnish with some more fresh thyme.