Dippy egg with cheesy soldiers
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 1 large British Lion egg
- A small knob of butter or a little marmite
- 1 slice multiseed bread
- 25g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1tsp chives
- Place the egg into a small saucepan of simmering water. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove and place in an egg cup.
- While the egg is simmering prepare your cheesy soldiers. Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Spread the bread with a little butter or Marmite. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Place the bread into the frying pan and cover with a lid. Leave for about 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the bottom of the bread is golden. Then slice into soldiers. Scatter with chives and dip into the egg.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...
Tom Daley’s Boiled Egg and Avocado Soldiers
Suitable for babies from 6 months onwards.