- 1 large British Lion egg
- A small knob of butter or a little marmite
- 1 slice multiseed bread
- 25g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1tsp chives
- Place the egg into a small saucepan of simmering water. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove and place in an egg cup.
- While the egg is simmering prepare your cheesy soldiers. Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Spread the bread with a little butter or Marmite. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Place the bread into the frying pan and cover with a lid. Leave for about 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the bottom of the bread is golden. Then slice into soldiers. Scatter with chives and dip into the egg.