Double chocolate mousse
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 0mins
A recipe for chocoholics. This luxurious chocolate dessert is ideal for entertaining and will make sure that there are plenty of empty plates.
- 100g/4oz plain chocolate
- 100g/4oz white chocolate
- 150ml / 1/4pt double cream
- 3 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp / 30ml orange flavoured liqueur, brandy or rum (optional)
- grated chocolate or cocoa to decorate
- Break the two chocolates into 2 small bowls, melt in the microwave or place one at time over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Lightly whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they are shiny and stiff.
- Stir the liqueur and 2 egg yolks into the dark chocolate then fold in one third of the cream and half the egg whites.
- Stir the remaining egg yolk into the white chocolate then fold in the remaining cream and egg whites. Layer the two mousses into four glasses and decorate with grated chocolate. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Orange, pecan & maple syrup pancakes
Pancakes with orange, pecan & maple syrup recipe
Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
Gizzi says: " A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’...
Fennel bread and butter pudding
Bread & butter pudding with ginger custard.
Soufflé omelette, quark cream & berries
Soufflé omelette, with quark cream and berries with only 273 calories per portion is a quick and easy dessert